Chapter 3 - LAUNCH PARTY
C2C STORYTELLERS: STORYBOOK SUCCESS PROGRAM
As mentioned in earlier steps, one of the first steps to successfully launching your new business is to brainstorm a list of people you know who might be interested in learning more about Usborne Books. Try not to prejudge what these contacts' future with UBAM will look like. Let them be the one to make that decision; your job is simple, to share your business with them! Who knows? They may become regular customers, great hostesses or fellow teammates of yours...
To help you with this, we've provided you with a worksheet that's been created to help get the wheels turning...we call this the FRANK LIST. The idea is simple, contacts have been broken into 5 categories:
By CATEGORY: Categories offer your customers an easy way to view a particular type of book. When you click into a category, you may be directed to another screen of sub-categories (as we see under 'Activities') or it may take you directly to the appropriate selections.
Books under any category can be sorted several different ways as well; alphabetically by title (as it's default), by price or by the date its entry was created on. This might be particularly helpful when viewing 'New Titles'.
By AGE: Often you will have customers looking for books by a particular 'Age Level'. This is one of the categories they can search by using the menu on the left hand side. Note that many of our books are loved by several different age levels and therefore you may see the same title show up in several places.
By KEYWORD: Your eCommerce Site has the ability to search for products using keywords. This is a great way to find items based on a specific theme or by one of our most popular series. There is also an 'Advanced Search' which will allow you to search by both keyword AND a specific category and/or price.
Each title has an OVERVIEW or product description to help give shoppers an idea of what the book is about.
SPECIFICATIONS help identify the book's size (including page numbers) as well as a recommended age level, which series it belongs to (if any) and author and illustrator.
REVIEWS are super helpful for shoppers, and give credibility to our amazing books. If you don't see a review written here, take a few minutes to write one...it's really easy and fun!
Some titles also include INDUSTRY REVIEWS and specifications on LEVELING.
NOTE: Additional information & resources can also be found at the Kane Miller Website at www.kanemiller.com
Your eCommerce Site is where guests can inquire about HOSTING their own Party as well as sign up to JOIN the UBAM Family and start their own book business.
ABOUT OUR BOOKS: Your eCommerce Site offers a great deal of information regarding our company and its mission. This information is very useful when looking for words to use in your 30-Second Commercial or other promotional materials.
4. This form will automatically default to the eShow option (which is what you want it to do here). If you were setting up an eFair option, you would want to change this drop down to reflect that.
5. The START DATE will default to today, which is fine. Change the EXPIRATION DATE to reflect your event's needs, noting both the DATE and TIME fields. It is recommended that you leave your eShow open for 24-48 hours AFTER your party ends. If necessary, you can always come back and extend the date at a later time.
6. Next, enter the FIRST and LAST NAME of your Host, this is how guests will identify that they are shopping towards the proper event. If you are self hosting or want to 'jazz things up', you might consider trying something like "First Name: My Totally Amazing VIP, Last Name: CUSTOMER Group".
7. Enter the EMAIL ADDRESS of your Host; this will allow them to receive emails as orders from their event come in. If they do not wish to receive these emails OR you as the consultant are also the host, you can go ahead and leave this field blank.
8. The remaining two fields are for eFairs and can be skipped over when setting up an eShow. Go ahead and select 'SAVE'.
Congratulations on successfully setting up an eShow! You can now SHARE the unique link to the event with event-goers, by copying and pasting the Event Link. When they click on the link, it puts them right into the event (reflected by the top toolbar) and now they can now begin shopping!
NOTE: Setting up an eFair, to collect online orders on a book fair, is a little different then the instructions given above. If you need to set-up an eFair, please reach out to your Team Leader for assistance.
One of the many great things your eCommerce Site offers is the ability to create Wishlists. They can be customized by a consultant for a customer of hostess OR made directly by the customer. Once a wishlist has been created, it can be shared with family & friends to help with gifting...this is great for gift giving during the holidays, around a special occasion (including baby showers) or to benefit a specific teacher or classroom.
When you're making your recommendations for someone, remember to include a variety of types of books (activity vs reading) as well as a range in price of books and ways to save. As a general rule of thumb, recommend 6-10 books per child and shoot for a list of $100 worth of books. Customers will typical purchase (or add to their wish list) about one third of what you recommend.
5. The next screen shows two different types of Wish Lists, those that are 'Consultant Created' and those that are 'Customer Created'. Our wish list (for this training) is Consultant Created and can be found by clicking to the last page to see the most recent wish list created.
6. The next step is to select 'EDIT BOOK DETAILS'. This will take you to the part of your eCommerce Site where you can start to add specific titles to the Wish List. You can see which wish list you are editing reflected at the top toolbar.
7. To ADD A TITLE to the Wish List, simply select the green star icon located to the right of each title's price. This will take you to a page similar to the 'Cart' Page, simply select 'Continue Shopping' to return back to your search.
8. Continue to add titles to the Wish Lists until it is complete. When making a wish list for your customers, be sure to include a variety of titles and prices, including a Collections and Combined Volumes (if applicable) to help them save money and/or maximize their free book credit.
9. Once you have completed adding titles to the wish list, it is now ready to SHARE. COPY AND PASTE the link at the bottom of the 'Cart' Page, NOT the URL in your address bar. Congratulations! Your Wish List (link) is now ready to be posted to your event & shared with guests!
NOTE: If a CUSTOMER is creating a Wish List for themself, they will follow similar steps. They will need to create their own eCommerce Site login, and then when selecting their Wish List Items, will need to click into each product to select 'Add to Wish List'.
When the success of your party depends greatly on your hostess, we can't possibly talk too much about HOSTESS COACHING....
For more information on HOSTESS COACHING, use the attached document above. This serves as a guide and script for FB party hostess coaching!
When the party is over, come back to this page and take our 'Launch Party SCORE CARD'. This self-evaluation report will be used to provide you and your Team Leader with feedback talking points on where to go from here.
NOTE: All information posted above is subject to change. As Home Office updates policies and systems, these resources may need to be altered. Please notify the Leadership Team if additional information is available and has not been updated on via the Hub.